Sometimes its the least likely of places you end up that turn out to be exactly what you need at the exact moment you need it.
I’ve been traveling in Australia for a little over a month now and for most of that month I have been traveling with a friend that I had met through a buddy list before I came over here. Its been nice to have someone to experience things with and whatnot. But there have been times where it has seemed to hinder me to a point. I came over here for a few specific reasons and traveling with someone has really taken away from some of those reasons.
I got a little frustrated with myself a few days ago. I jumped so quickly into traveling with someone basically because I panicked all of the sudden and thought...how in the world am I gonna do this whole traveling thing on my own?!! Like Oh My GASH!! Freak out Valley Girl moment there. But seriously, it was a weird moment in my head so I jumped on the train and decided to follow the crowd. I’m not saying it was a bad experience by any means, I met a lot of great people and saw a lot of amazing sights and just had fun. But this can’t be how the next 11 months go.
Wednesday morning I said good-bye to the last of my traveling partners and I am now finally on my own, for reals and it feels great! Its the perfect setting here in the rainforest as well, to regroup and refocus and try to figure out what it is I am going to do next.
Its been very relaxing and pleasant to be here on my own and have all this quiet time. I cannot even begin to explain how refreshing it is to walk through the rainforest by yourself and snap photos and sing and dance around as if no one is there, well, because no one was! I just really felt like a child, not a care in the world. If only every day could be like this...I guess there is no reason why every day can’t be like this, minus the setting of course. I feel like I have an entirely different perspective on life at the moment, now if it will only stick.
Here’s to being a kid for the rest of my days! Give it a shot...you just may never grow up :)
Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=163648&id=662136690&l=0d17cb6fa7
No comments:
Post a Comment