Its funny when you are open to not having a plan, how quickly "plans" change!
Today is Valentine's Day and it's my last full day in Byron Bay. I guess its appropriate to say how much I love Byron Bay today then :) Its a wonderful little hippie/surfer town, with plenty of neat shops, good eats and quirky people! One thing I love about this place is that you can go just about anywhere here barefoot, the grocery store, restaurants, banks, wherever and no one seems to mind. I just find it amusing that I still wear shower shoes...
I've been in Byron Bay for about 5 days now and it has been a nice place to call home, but the time has come where I must move on. Monday morning I am headed to Noosa Heads for a couple of days for some new scenery and to chill out a bit more before I start getting dirty. I am no longer going to be doing the whole fruit picking business (or making any money). But I will be having loads of fun and seeing the most amazing backdrops in the world! (at least what I have seen of the world).
Wednesday I will be gearing up for a camping trip at Gagaju Bush Camp one night, then a 3 day canoe/camping trip in the Everglades National Park. Then from there I will be doing a self drive 4wheel drive camping trip around Fraser Island. I think I will have a day or so in between there to relax a bit then of to the Whitsunday Islands on a sail boat for a couple of nights. From the Whitsundays, I will be heading up to Cairns (pronounced Cans) for some sightseeing and to spend some time in the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation. Most of these trips will be with small groups so it should be great times with complete strangers!!
I'm completely stoked about all this, but I am really not sure how its all going to work out or what exactly I have just gotten myself into! Its gonna be ah-mazing!
After all that is done I will be returning to Byron Bay around March 8th. Then I will start WWOOF-ing with a family not to far from Byron to help out on their hobby farm. It sounds like a pretty chill place to hang out for a couple of weeks for free! But of course, helping out weeding and doing household chores in exchange for a bed and food. I'm hoping things go well with the family. They are actually German. I'm not sure how long they have been in Australia, but will keep you posted on all those details as I find them out!
Not sure the next time you will hear from me as I'm sure I won't have much internet access in the bush!
Hope you are all well :o)
Cheers
How adventurous Dana! Will be praying/thinking of you. Enjoy yourself :)
ReplyDelete